Friday, September 5, 2008

Apparently, Inspiron 1521 has "shipped"

Well, apparently using a blog works a lot better than trying to reason with Dell's customer service representatives or their chat staff.

Although I signed up for e-mail notification of when my order will ship, I have never received an e-mail from Dell. I have to go the Dell.com site myself and check my order every single time to get any updates (which usually involve delays).

I received an e-mail from a Dell2dell company blogger yesterday offering to looking into my order delay.

Shortly after, my status at Dell.com changed to this:

Customer Number: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Dell Purchase ID: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Order Number: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Order Date: 8/5/2008
Order Status: Shipped

Shipping Method: 3-5 Business Days
Shipped Date: 9/5/2008
Est. Delivery Date: 9/10/2008-9/12/2008
Carrier: Data Temporarily Unavailable
Tracking Number: Data Temporarily Unavailable

It's been like this for about day now, so I wonder if this is just a further delaying tactic by Dell to put a bandaid on the situation, so they can say that my order has "shipped" while not providing any solid information like carrier or tracking data.

As you've probably noticed, I've lost all faith in this company. IF I get my order within the next month, this'll be the last time I ever order anything from Dell.com. I just hope the laptop doesn't start having tons of problems, making me have to deal with Dell's technical chat team.

No comments: