Thursday, September 4, 2008

Dell Inspiron 1521 Order Delayed for 4th Time in a Row

Here's what I received from Dell.com.

A 4th order delay.

Due to unforeseen circumstance, we have experienced another delay with your order number xxxxx. Our new anticipated ship date will be on or before 9/11/2008.

Order Description: Inspiron 1521, AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 (2.0GHz/1MB)

Shipping Information
To view shipping information for the order:
Sign in to My Account
Shipping Method: 3-5 Business Days
Est. Ship Date: 9/11/2008
Est. Delivery Date: 9/16/2008-9/18/2008
Carrier: Not Shipped
Tracking Number: Not Shipped

This is bizarre, as I spoke with "Gupta" on the phone on Tuesday, and he said that "production is all finished, and your order will be shipping out on 9/4."

Anyhow, I called Dell's customer service again this morning and spoke with
Puja (Employee #: 106259), who repeated what Gupta said. Apparently, they have decided to take another week to package my order.

This whole process with Dell has been highly frustrating, as I have already been waiting 1 month for my laptop--which should have been delivered on 8/20/2008--and still see no solid delivery date on the horizon. Dell simply moves back my "production date" 1 week every time their cross their own arbitrary new deadline.

I starting to think that BBB complaint to Michael Dell is the only way to get my needs addressed. I will draft a letter to the BBB later in the day and continue to post the results of this ongoing saga of "Dell Hell" here.

No comments: